Director, Governance, Legal and Performance
Vice-Chancellor and President
Date of Next Review
1.4.6 Meeting frequency
1.4.7 Reporting and communication
Academic integrity is an important component of student academic work (C/5.3), and a failure to maintain standards of academic integrity is considered to be academic misconduct. The Faculty Academic Misconduct Committee considers allegations of academic misconduct by students and determines whether allegations have been substantiated.
Faculty Academic Misconduct Committee is an academic committee accountable to the Faculty Academic Board.
Faculty Academic Misconduct Committee undertakes the following:
- hears cases of major academic misconduct referred to it under Management of student misconduct (E/8.1)
- considers whether an allegation of major academic misconduct against a student is substantiated
- makes a recommendation to the Vice-President (Administration) and University Registrar or the Executive Dean on any penalty/ies to be imposed where there is a determination that misconduct has been substantiated.
Faculty Academic Misconduct Committee determines whether or not an allegation of student academic misconduct is substantiated.
Refer to Register of Authorities and Delegations (C132) (QUT staff access only).
- One senior academic staff member of the faculty nominated by faculty academic board, as Chair
- One academic staff member of the faculty nominated by faculty academic board
- One student of the faculty nominated by faculty academic board.
Alternate members may be nominated in each membership category with full membership rights. Alternate members may attend a meeting when the ordinary member is unable to attend a meeting.
The quorum for a meeting is three members.
Faculty Academic Misconduct Committee meets monthly or as required.
Faculty Academic Misconduct Committee prepares a report for the Executive Dean or Vice-President (Administration) and University Registrar on each student case considered at a meeting.
A nominee of the executive dean of the relevant faculty is secretary.
Consistent with E/8.1.3, the QUT College will establish an Academic Misconduct Committee as set out in this policy.
|12.05.22||All||Director, Governance, Legal and Performance||Periodic review - no changes to charter required|
|22.09.20||All||Director, Governance and Legal Services||Date of Next Review extended to accommodate the committee review and self-assessment process deferred to 2021|
|07.08.19||All||Director, Governance and Legal Services||Periodic review - no changes to charter required|
|23.01.18||All||Vice-Chancellor||Terms of reference redrafted to committee charter|
|02.12.15||All||Governance and Legal Services||Policy revised following new policy E/10.6 Revocation of an award|
|10.11.13||All||Vice-Chancellor||Policy revised following post-implementation review of E/8.1|
|23.09.11||All||Governance and Legal Services||Policy revised to clarify the Committee's role in making recommendations to the Registrar on penalty|