Director, Governance, Legal and Performance
Date of Next Review
2.2.6 Meeting frequency
2.2.7 Reporting and communication
Curriculum Standards Committee supports the curriculum development and approval process by providing advice and approving low risk curriculum proposals.
Curriculum Standards Committee is an academic committee accountable to University Academic Board.
Curriculum Standards Committee undertakes the following responsibilities:
- assesses the quality of curriculum proposals against QUT strategy and policy, the Higher Education Standards Framework, and other relevant reference points, including professional standards and provides advice to University and Faculty Academic Boards.
Where not identified as higher risk (C/4.1.3), Curriculum Standards Committee:
- reaccredits courses
- approves the combination of accredited award courses into double degrees
- approves corporate versions of accredited award courses, where client-specific customisation results in curriculum change exceeding 30%
- approves online versions of accredited courses not delivered through third party arrangements, where customisation for online results in curriculum change exceeding 30%
- approves online versions of accredited courses delivered through third party arrangements
- approves revisions to an accredited course where material changes exceed 30% of the course; and
- approves specific matters relating to curriculum, to facilitate course reaccreditation and approval processes (C/3.1).
Approves a range of curriculum and policy change, including course reaccreditation, where not identified as higher-risk, as determined by University Academic Board (Curriculum design, approval and accreditation, C/4.1.3).
Refer to Register of Authorities and Delegations (C159) (QUT staff access only).
- Director, Curriculum Quality and Standards ex officio as Chair
- One Indigenous staff member nominated by the Chair, University Academic Board
- Two academic staff drawn for each meeting from a pool of academic staff nominated by the Chair of University Academic Board
- One student drawn for each meeting from student members of University Academic Board or nominated by the Chair of University Academic Board
Nominated members of the Committee serve a term of office of up to two years. The length of a nominated member’s term of office is recommended to the nominator by the Chair, on advice from the Secretariat.
Curriculum Standards Committee meets as required.
Following each meeting, Curriculum Standards Committee reports to the next meeting of University Academic Board.
Curriculum Standards Committee operates in accordance with Council Procedure 1 - Committees. The Committee may conduct its business by electronic technologies, in accordance with section 7.14 of Council Procedure 1, and has a Committee Operating Procedure to set out processes for the conduct of committee business electronically.
A nominee of the Vice-President (Administration) and University Registrar is secretary.
|28.04.22||All||Council||Revised charter - term of office for nominated members clarified and date of next review updated in accordance with self-assessment review|
|15.10.20||All||Council||Revised charter - membership updated and responsibilities amended to reflect the disestablishment of Programs Executive Committee|
|22.09.20||All||Director, Governance and Legal Services||Date of Next Review extended to accommodate the committee review and self-assessment process deferred to 2021|
|30.09.19||All||Provost||Revised membership to amend approved position title change for Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Learning and Teaching) to Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Vice-President (Education)|
|25.02.19||C/2.2.5||Council||Membership revised to reflect organisational changes and in accordance with self-assessment review|
|09.01.19||All||Director, Governance and Legal Services||Policy revised to include approved position title change from assistant dean/s to associate dean/s|
|11.12.18||All||Governance and Legal Services||Revised membership resulting from changes to position titles/organisational structure|
|09.08.17||All||Council||New committee charter and revised terms of reference to include new responsibilities|
|27.02.17||All||Council||Revised terms of reference and membership in accordance with committee self-assessment review (effective 01.03.17)|
|02.12.15||All||Council||New committee terms of reference and membership following review of Curriculum Standards Reference Group. Established new committee - Curriculum Standards Committee (effective 01.01.16)|
Established new reference group (effective 01.07.13)