Director, Governance and Legal Services
Vice-Chancellor and President
Date of Next Review
2.3.6 Meeting frequency
2.3.7 Reporting and communication
Programs Executive Committee (PEX) purpose is to provide strategic advice, monitoring of strategic alignment, financial performance and risk, and endorsement of new graduate and professional education programs.
Programs Executive Committee is an academic committee accountable to Vice-Chancellor for fulfilling its responsibilities.
Programs Executive Committee
- provides faculties with early strategic advice on, and endorsement of, the accreditation and re-accreditation of courses, as required under the policies for Curriculum design, approval and accreditation (C/4.1) and Graduate and professional education (C/3.4)
- endorses preliminary proposals for new courses, transnational courses and programs, and higher risk course re-accreditations before they can progress to further stages of development and accreditation
- approves, on delegated authority of the Vice-Chancellor and President, business case/investment in QUT Online courses, Massive Open Online Courses (MOOC) and Small Private Online Courses (SPOC) and any other new business developments
- monitors strategic alignment, financial performance and risk for all degree and non-degree (including professional education) courses and programs and reports annually to the Vice-Chancellor and President on postgraduate and professional education activities (C/3.4).
Approves business case and investment in Graduate Professional Education (GPE) programs that are Massive Open Online Courses (MOOC) and Small Private Online Courses (SPOC) (C/3.4).
Refer to Appendix 3 - Schedule of Authorities and Delegations (VC197).
- Provost ex officio as chair
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Vice-President (Education) ex officio
- Chief Financial Officer ex officio
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Vice-President (International) ex officio
- Pro Vice-Chancellor (Digital Learning) ex officio
- Director, Curriculum Quality and Standards ex officio
- One member of academic staff nominated by and from University Academic Board
- One external representative with online education expertise who attends when the committee is considering online courses, programs and initiatives and shall have rights of audience and debate
Terms of office are as detailed in section 6 of Council Procedure 1 - Committees.
Programs Executive Committee is scheduled to meet monthly or as required.
Programs Executive Committee reports annually to the Vice-Chancellor and President.
Programs Executive Committee is established in accordance with Council Procedure 1- Committees.
A nominee of the Vice-President (Administration) and University Registrar is secretary.
|02.12.19||All||Vice-Chancellor and President||Revised charter to update new Study Area A requirements|
|30.09.19||All||Provost||Revised membership to amend approved position title change for Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Learning and Teaching) to Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Vice-President (Education)|
|11.03.19||All||Vice-Chancellor and President||Revised terms of reference and membership, redrafted to new committee charter|
|11.12.18||All||Governance and Legal Services||Revised membership resulting from changes to position titles/organisational structure (Vice-President (Technology) and Chief Information Officer disestablished)|
|30.05.17||All||Senior Deputy Vice-Chancellor||Revised membership to include nominee for category, Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Technology, Information and Library Services)|
|18.02.17||All||Vice-Chancellor||Revised membership and terms of reference following implementation of the new Graduate and professional education policy and governance. Membership position of Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Technology, Information and Library Services) included and Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Corporate Programs and Partnerships) removed|
|27.05.13||All||Governance and Legal Services||Revised terms of reference- minor editorial change|
New committee established (effective 01.07.13)