Director, Governance and Legal Services
Date of Next Review
2.2.6 Meeting frequency
2.2.7 Reporting and communication
Curriculum Standards Committee supports the curriculum development and approval process by providing advice and approving low risk curriculum proposals.
Curriculum Standards Committee is an academic committee accountable to University Academic Board.
Curriculum Standards Committee undertakes the following responsibilities:
- assesses the quality of curriculum proposals against QUT strategy and policy, the Higher Education Standards Framework, and other relevant reference points, including professional standards and provides advice to University and Faculty Academic Boards.
Where not identified as higher risk (C/4.1.3), Curriculum Standards Committee:
- reaccredits courses
- approves the addition of new study areas A into existing courses
- approves the combination of accredited award courses into double degrees
- approves corporate versions of accredited award courses (C/3.4.7), where client-specific customisation results in curriculum change exceeding 30%
- approves revisions to an accredited course where material changes exceed 30% of the course; and
- approves specific matters relating to curriculum, to facilitate course reaccreditation and approval processes (C/3.1).
Approves a range of curriculum and policy change, including course reaccreditation, where not identified as higher-risk, as determined by University Academic Board (C/4.1.3).
Refer to Appendix 3 - Schedule of Authorities and Delegations (C159).
- Director, Curriculum Quality and Standards ex officio as Chair
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Vice-President (Education) ex officio
- One Chair of a Faculty Academic Board nominated by the Chair of University Academic Board
- One associate dean (learning and teaching) nominated by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Vice-President (Education)
- One Indigenous staff member nominated by the Chair, University Academic Board
- Two academic staff drawn for each meeting from a pool of academic staff nominated by the Chair of University Academic Board
- One student drawn for each meeting from student members of University Academic Board or nominated by the Chair of University Academic Board
Curriculum Standards Committee meets monthly or as required.
Following each meeting, Curriculum Standards Committee reports to the next meeting of University Academic Board.
Curriculum Standards operates in accordance with Council Procedure 1 - Committees.
A nominee of the Vice-President (Administration) and University Registrar is secretary.
|30.09.19||All||Provost||Revised membership to amend approved position title change for Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Learning and Teaching) to Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Vice-President (Education)|
|25.02.19||C/2.2.5||Council||Membership revised to reflect organisational changes and in accordance with self-assessment review|
|09.01.19||All||Director, Governance and Legal Services||Policy revised to include approved position title change from assistant dean/s to associate dean/s|
|11.12.18||All||Governance and Legal Services||Revised membership resulting from changes to position titles/organisational structure|
|09.08.17||All||Council||New committee charter and revised terms of reference to include new responsibilities|
|27.02.17||All||Council||Revised terms of reference and membership in accordance with committee self-assessment review (effective 01.03.17)|
|02.12.15||All||Council||New committee terms of reference and membership following review of Curriculum Standards Reference Group. Established new committee - Curriculum Standards Committee (effective 01.01.16)|
Established new reference group (effective 01.07.13)