- Governance (including management and organisational structure), compliance, risk management, planning and quality, health and safety, and equity.
- Workforce planning, staffing structures, recruitment, employment conditions, staff reward and recognition, and staff conduct.
- Development and delivery of academic programs and courses, assessment and academic awards.
Research and innovation, research ethics, postgraduate research programs, outside work and intellectual property.
- Admission, enrolment, fees, timetabling, examinations and results, graduation, student grievances and discipline.
- Management of information resources including records management, privacy, copyright, corporate identity and marketing.
- Financial management, budgets, expenditure, revenue and user charging.
- Physical resources, development and management of facilities, and security.
- International activities, alumni, community relations, museums and collections.
QUT Act, Council procedures, organisational charts and delegations.